Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Childhood Home Project!!!

This assignment was to build a model of our childhood home out of cardboard or other cheap material.
I chose cardboard and hot glue.  Woo!!


The childhood home that I chose, was the one I lived in from when I was 1 and a half until I was 8.  It had 3 levels: basement, main floor, and upper floor.  The upper floor was above the garage and you only had to go up half a flight of stars to get to it.


Because of the top windows and the vaulted ceilings of the house, it was rough figuring out the dimensions and angels of the roof.  I constructed the front of the house first.


















Then added the back.


Paint time!  I used acrylics and sharpie for the wood details above the garage.





It was a pretty cool assignment.  While working on constructing the house, I thought about a lot of memories that I wouldn't have thought about otherwise.  


Also, putting the house outside in Dunway park was a really neat experience, because I got to see my model in an environment similar to where my house actually was.  This also sparked some more cool memories about the yard and neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment