Monday, February 21, 2011

Embroidery project

This project is probably my favorite project we have done in Making and Meaning.  We were assigned to embroider some sort of shirt in our own style of art.  I chose to embroider a cardigan that I bought from the Goodwill.  I worked really hard on this assignment, so I wanted something that I would wear often;  I didn't think I would wear a embroidered t-shirt that much, so I decided on a cardigan.







I decided to embroider a beetle on a flower and a moth.  I always really enjoy painting animals and bugs while focusing on the texture and colors of them.


It took me many many hours to finish this assignment, but I found embroidering very relaxing and meditative.  I will definitely embroider something again!







No comments:

Post a Comment